Sunday, December 4, 2011

Skewed View

Okay, I’ve avoided it as long as I could. I dislike politics, dislike politicians, and more importantly, no longer trust the people to make sound judgements about what our elected representatives are doing with our lives.

Could it be that I’m hot today because I just received notice from my "secondary payer" that my insurance premiums and prescription costs will increase (again) in the new year? Could that have anything to do with the fact that the economy is so stagnant that wages, interest, pensions and social security have not increased in two or more years, but the cost of health care insurance has? Does that have anything to do with the coming health care reform in 2014, so the insurance companies and drug companies and for-profit health care providers can set the baseline for cost control as high as possible? Could it be that the design I see is a mosaic of cheating and stealing and lying by those who profess to want to give us what’s best for us? Why is it okay for the people who "govern" us at the local, state and national level to rail against the government (that provides their salaries and health care and retirement) and tell us they know what is best for us, while at the same time telling us that their opponents only want to screw us?

I’ve come to the conclusion that the governors want to see the governed reduced to total helplessness by making us not only unhealthy but uneducated, so that we will not have the power to challenge their skewed and screwed version of the world until they have taken all they want from all of us.

There! Rant doesn’t pay the rent, but it sometimes makes poverty bearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment